Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Going long

So the other day I broke it to my wife that before I turn 40 I'd like to go for a full iron distance race.  It's been on my radar for a while, but I've always tabled it due to other priorities leading to a lack of training time.  Now that my kids are a little older, my job has settled down a bit, and my base fitness has come up, I think it's time to start planning for a race next year.

If you know any triathletes you know that we tend to be a little bit type 'A'.  That's my gentle way of warning you that I'm about to launch into an epic, multi-part series on race selection and all kinds of other things that you'll find quite boring.  Since there are no readers anyway, there's no harm done.

Let's begin, shall we?

Part 1, where I look at logistics, is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We'll do a quick review to make sure you're not a robot and then post it though.